Friday 3 November 2017

Erin's art in Heidi Ryan's sketchbook "Recycle/Upcycle/Repurpose "


Hello, Fellow Sketchers!! 
This month has been awesome in so many ways. And of course, busy. So I was happy to get Heidi's sketchbook so I can repurpose some art. 


This is my contribution this month. It is an ink, salt and tissue paper transfer back ground. 
And the cartoons are of a plane and sad girl drawn in Ink on water color paper. 


I was able to repurpose some painting and sketches I made for a 5th grade project that was just published on Lulu.com


The book is a collection of stories written by 5th graders. So I added some scenes from their stories as part of the cover. It was fun remembering how to use Photoshop and finding new tools. It was fun to do and am grateful for the opportunity to make art. I hope the students get to color in the black and white drawings and make the book their own..... Just like the stories on the inside are unique!! 

I couldn't decide if it should be colored or black and white illustrations. Showing both options to a friend she suggested to leave it black and white so kids can color it. I remembered that SAS Sketchers very own Gabe Haydu, who designed our yearbook last year so kids can color in certain parts and make the book their own.

I know that being in SAS Sketchers keeps me flexing my creative muscles and keeps me ready to say "yes" to these fun projects. So, thank you for sharing your art and inspiring me! 

Keep posting your art!!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment